Well, life certainly has moved on. We got sister tanner off to the mission office. She was done and ready to go home, as much as she liked to deny it. It's been an interesting transfer with her. While I can see that she has grown and matured since our time at college, there is always room to grow. We may have had our differences, but we were able to pull it together. I'm not sure where our friendship stands right at this moment, (or where I stand with sister Dewitt for that matter) but i do know that we learn and move on.
We headed up to scottsdale on wednesdays and swapped companions. I have only one companion. Sister Hartvigsen. She's a socially awkward sweetheart that's been out for about 6 months. But, bless her heart, she tries really hard to do the things that are right and work hard. It is way out of her comfort zone to even be on a mission. So no pressure for me to be the companion that she needs/wants. She doesn't know much of communication or socilaization, and knows it. She did graduate from college in Political Science. She's a knowitall, and knows it, and acts like it. So most of the time i just laugh (very silently) and help her out, gently trying to guide her.
So...on with our story.
We moved into our new apartment, which used to be an elders apartment. And it was disgusting!!! Think black bathtubs and carpet with trash all over the floor. those boys had not cleaned that apartment in months! As a result, there were no cleaning supplies in the apartment. We ended up paying 40 or so bucks out of pocket to get sufficient cleaning supplies to make it habitable. Luckily the mission office likes me and is giong to reimmberse me for some of it. (so that's what the charge is to my card at frys - mom). I have talked to the eldes that were in that apartment, and after scolding them (very nicely i might add) they were not to happy with me when i told them that it was a rule to clean your apartment every week and they are to do so. So. I may not have those 2 elders as my friends, but Elder Isom and Stosich (DL and his comp) are totally on our side. They are being pretty helpful duirng this whole WhiteWash and cleaning ordeal.
The Elder's didn't leave the area book in the best shape either. They didn't have many investigators but they pretended to. But after 4 days of cleaning and organizing, we were able to get the area book and formers folder into a somewhat managable shape. We have a lot of work to do. Cleaning up the area work. Our area is pretty big. So we have a car. Sister Nishiguchi and Vause have a bigger area but they are in bikes and the VC. so far I have been pretty irratated with Nishiguchi because she keeps on asking for rides everywhere, and then doesn't want them. We only have limited miles! bah! so that has been a source of stress for me.
We are 1 pair of 3 sets of missionaries that work in Liahona 4th ward. (Nishiguchi/Vause, Isom/Stosich, Me/Hartvigsen). I've heard that the ward is pretty big, but due to the long weekend, about 2/3 of the ward was gone. But they are pretty welcoming. I'm looking forward to this area. I have meet about 2 of their investigators. They have one with a date but we have yet to find him. Most of the time we spend trying to find where places are in our area. there is some organization to the streets but not enough to make everything clear. Pretty much every night we eat with a family and with the elders. That makes it a lot of fun. Normally there isn't enough members to have them feed all of us. Nish and Vause eat with english members because her system can't take hispanic food.
Otherwise, we are working on the area. We haven't spent much time there but that's what we get to do this week. I don't have much to write about, I've been cleaning the whole week. So i'm slightly frustrated with that. But otherwise, things are going well.
We had a prep-meeting for the last part of our 4th of july p-day. We had president Ellsworth come and talk to us and we found out that instead of having other missionaries helping us out at christmas lights (like they normally do) it is just going to be sisters in the VC asking for referrals and for people to meet with missionaries. So that will cut our numbers way down, but that only means that we need to step it up a notch and work harder. We played games and i got to talk to my two favorites: Sis Dyer and Cottrell. I miss them a lot. Sis Cottrell is training and FF and sister dyer is training VC. So we are all seperated from each other. Sister Hartvigsen had a social mishap hand sat out for the rest of the games. Poor kid. But I enjoyed myself. I miss the VC. but there are so many new people there that i don't know if i have a place there like i used to. sigh. Oh well. We learn.
So that's about all i got for you today! I love you lots and will talk to you later!
love emily
No comments:
Post a Comment