Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Well it's been under 100 degrees this week ...


I think I left off right before transfers. Because we knew soccer would go out the window, we played pretty much every day for a week. We had a lot of fun and a whole bunch of members come and play with us. Most of them can't believe that I really didn't play before my mission. LOL. I"m getting better!
 
Our week has been crazy. The new schedule at the VC makes it so we have more time in our area and that we can eat with members more. So we've been learning how to balance that out. So we either eat at 430 or 6ish depending on the shift that we have. The VC has been good. JD has been coming in a lot. He's investigating the church and has felt the spirit, but has holdbacks (family and so on) but so far his plan is to quit smoking next week. He said he talked to his mom (who is a strong roman catholic) and she said that shes upset. So I asked him who he wanted to please more. God or he Family. He said his family. alright...
Sister Hartvigsen and I gave a tour the other day to a ward councile. They wanted to learn more about the recourses we have here in the VC and learn more about Mormon.org. So we helped with that. One of my elder friends from the Kimball zone was over that ward and he was a hoot. I have so much fun with people in the VC.
 
Our investigators are slow going. We finally found Eva again. She is depressed and as depressed people go, she doesn't want to do anything about her situation. So its hard for us to teach her. We plan on taking her to the VC to watch a movie or something.
Maria is still wonderful. She wants us to come over every day but we can't we are working on teaching her christlike attributes this week and so far we've covered faith and hope. On to charity! she's feeding us dinner this week too. :)
Myra is still pregant. and sick. We had to move an appointment. We watched a movie called finding faith in christ with her. Her daughters like to come out and watch movies with us but aren't overly fond of listening. But that's okay. they're 11 and 12. I wouldn't want to listen either.
 
We got lost one day trying to find dinner. and i lost my sunglasses. Which depressed me. And my jumpdrive. It wasn't a good day. But I enjoyed the bike ride. :)
 
We had a talent show in our ward! yay for ward activities! We didn't have time as sisters (Arias Vause, Hart and I) to do anything, but i found a CD on the VC Computer that had the accompaniment for the song I know that my redeemer lives from the EFY CD. So i copied the spanish words and viola! a talent! so that was fun. Lots of people came and lots of people participated. we even had nachos as a treat. it was a lot of fun and hopefull we can have another activity in the near future. hispanics love to party!
 
Saddly, I was unable to watch the RS broadcast. I was in the VC that night. But i'm excited to read about it. even still, afterwards, we went over the the Leon family (amazing people who help us with dinners and love us to bits even tho they have nothing!) and celebrated Hna Leons and Elder Santos' bday. The Elders made cake and we got a card. They are going thru tough financial times right now but we love them and they know it. Their kids, Damien and Camila are so cute. I am going to miss them! after they get sealed, they want to move back to mexico. Triste!
 
Sunday night we went to a training for mormon.org that the spanish ward leaderships were to go to. and no one knew about it. So it was about 11 members and 6 missionaries that showed up. Hmmm. Not so good. It's hard to prepare for this because it won't be in spanish. and you can't post a profile up in spanish because it hast be in english. hmmm....but that's okay. we'll figure it out.
 
We have 2 new sisters in the VC. sister Sordes and Mackenzie. Sordes is from France, really spunky and really happy. Sister Mackenzie does not speak english and loves to dance. Saddly, i don't get to talk to them much but they seem great. WE had a prep meeting the other day and for one of my responsibilities as Admin assistant I get to make quizes. So i created a transfer long quiz about how sisters need to get to know each other and get over themselves. I thought it was pretty good and hopefully we can fix this problem that we do have.
 
I love you lots and talk to you later!
 
love, emily

No comments:

Post a Comment