Monday, November 14, 2011


Hey family!!!
 
Well yes, i have had a wonderful week. I love my companion and i can honestly say that i have never laughed as much this transfer as i ever have on my mission. Pictures are of me, sister mckee, sister arias and sister lopez at lunch with maria, a sweet old lady in our ward that loes taking us out to lunch. The other is the Leon family. hopefully you enjoy. And just so you know i have lost weight that even the members are commenting on it. Sheesh.
 
This week is always so busy, but then again, when wouldn't it be, right? I have Physical Therapy that I need to go to a lot. Saddly he said that the proboem is kinda a harder one that will take longer. might have to have it checked out when i get home. And yes mom, I will need an eye appoinment when i get home. I can last until then. :)
 
On Saturday we had a bike day. Thankfully sister Mckee is fast on bikes so we got to a location about 4 miles away in about 20 minutes. I was pretty proud of us. It's a love hate relationship with the cooler weather. Good for bikes. bad for everything else. But regardless, I still have fun. It's hard to keep under the miles alotted. and the month is halfway over. Dang!!!!
 
We are doing really well with the families that we are teaching. We have now gotten our teaching pool up to 16 people. we have about 3 groups of people we are trying to set a date with: Myra and daughters, Familia Moreno, and a group of granddaughters that their grandma wants to be baptized and taught (we just have to get mom on board). The girls did go to the primary program this week (which we had to miss because of the the VC but that's okay). Overall, things are going really well. We have about 2 days that we won't be in our area this week because of exhanges but look for the blessings and miracles and youwill see them.
 
Sister Mckee and I laugh all the time. We have so many private jokes and just work with the attitude of 'it's fun' and not 'it's duty'. makes life a lot better. She's a crack up and a half. Saddly, she has stomach problems and can't eat a whole lot so we  have to stay on top of what she eats. Or doesn't. I've given up on eating by the way. unless it's a member dinner. Eating had become a burden. but I still love to eat good food. Mexican food anyway.
 
Sister Mckee had a family that she taught in the branch escondido get baptized so we went to that. I was able to see a lot of the people that I had worked with before. The branch is amazing and doing so good on the member missionary part. Valencia ward got a new branch president so we'll see how improved it gets. Sister Hartgivsen hopes that becuse of the new bp i'll be able to go back and be comps with her in valencia. yeah...
 
Maria is a sweet hearted old lady that goes to our ward, she loves us and takes us out to a place called Rosas. Saddly, we all forgot what day it was (veterans' day) and it took about 2 hours to get lunch. Not enough people working that day. But regardless, we had fun and I still love to eat good food.
 
On Sunday we went to Camila's 3rd Bday party. Theme was princess and Hello Kitty. I love the Leon's. They sacrifce and serve all the time. THey got baptized almost a year ago and are working on getting sealed in January. Anyway, we had cheescack and hamburgers for dinner and had fun making camila laugh.
 
On sunday, we had our own little district fast for unity, member help and baptisms. I've been in this area since July and haven't had a baptism. This mission baptizes so i feel a bit of pressure for getting things done. But we do our part, have faith and look for the miracles.
 
That's about what I got. I laugh, work and keep busy. I had some cool people come into the VC. A 22 year old, drug addict, homeless kid named Trenton came in and wanted to be taught alittle so we had and awesome conversation with him. saddly we can't get in touch with him (no phone) but hopefully he will come back the the VC someday. earlier that day sister Mckee and I were watching I'm A Mormon videos and watched one about a recovered drug addict. And we both thought of it at the same time while we were teaching him and so we watched it together.
 
I love life, I love this tranfer. and yes. I am a pansy cause it is cold!!!
 

love, Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment