I see how it is, Thanksgiving is barely done and you all get excited
about christmas? I understand actually, cause we started Christmas
lights!!!
My thanksgiving was pretty good actually. We played sports in the
morning. No such thing as sleeping in as missionaries anyway. Some
english members from another stake were playing in our gym (What the
heck) so we had to go find another one to play in. We played for about
an hour and then we all headed to denny's for breakfast. Not the
smartest thing to do but hey, since when have i been smart when it
comes to social situations? We all went home and i wrote letters
because i didn't have time to on the other pday i had that week.
Around 2 we went over to Hna Gonzalaz (who got sealed to her family on
saturday) and ate a turkey dinner with ham and stuffing and mashed
potatos. Yep, it was a lot. But we had to eat and run, because we had
to be at the VC at 330 for our final prep meeting before lights. We
practed our posts and presenting various things (Christus, Luke 2
movie, God's plan) and so it went pretty well. we had our picture
taken and i'll see what I can do to send you pictures of my
beautifully curled hair by sister mckee.
The night went well, We had about 2000 visitor's the first night. I
was with Sister Card, a full field sister that has been known to talk
smack about the VC. Regargless, we had a good night. our numbers have
been way down tho. many of the sisters are afraid to talk to people
and ask for referrals or for them to accept missionaries. We are
hoping to fix that tho. So overall, the christmas lights are going
very well. Really crazy but a lot of fun.
I had a hard time this week. I've been getting down on myself for
being annoyed at people. I was just having a hard day so i went and
talked to sister McKenna about it because I never talk to her anymore.
We are never together. I guess she talked to sister Cottrell who told
me I was too hard on myself, that I needed to learn to be less
judgemental of myself and others. Which is true, when we are judging
ourselves for not doing something we become critical of other people.
So i've been working on that and things have been getting better.
Hopefully things will continue to do so.
number wise things have been hard for us. A lot of nights are taken up
by being in the VC. But God gives us miracles. Last night we contacted
a referral from an English member. It's a family of 4 with one on the
way. We were so excited. Our goal as a zone was to find 30 new
investigators. We found 36. so we are pretty excited. We also have
seen miracles with the investigators we do have. The members that aer
missionary minded are stepping up to the plate and calling and
inviting our investigator's to do something.
Our ward mission leader was released and so we are ward missionleader
less for who knows how long. Pray we get a good one. This ward has so
much potential. We just need good leadership.
A few weeks ago the bishop came up with the idea to go and rescue the
LA members of the ward by pausing sacrament meeting and having people
go out and get the families that they HT and VT. sounds like a good
idea right? well not so much. because we have sacrament last, we had
to talk bishop into doing it during RS and PH so tha people wouldn't
just leave during sacrament. And then when we did it, there was
rebellion. Many members complained and flat out refused to go and
visit the people that they are assigned to. We did however, get 2 of
our investigators at chruch because of the rescue (rescate in
spanish). During sacrament, sister Mckee and Lopez gave short talks.
The missionaries (mckee lopez, beu arias, pearson, santos and the Zls
panek and hiatt) sang a mix of Brightly beams our fathers mercy and
dear to the heart of the shepard. Finally a kid leaving on his mission
gave his talk. So overall, the intent was good, more organization was
needed. Was I surprised? No. Should i have had more faith? Probably.
But that's okay. We learn and move on.
It's been a crazy week were not a lot is going on but at the same time
we are always busy. I love you lots and hope you all enjoy getting
ready for Christmas!
love, emily
No comments:
Post a Comment