Hello Everyone! I hope ya’ll are having a wonderful snow-filled week while I am freezing here in Mesa when the temperature drops down to 50.
Well, the beginning of my week was filled with sister Dyer. She is so fun. She is the type of person where you can easily pick up on her personality, words and characteristics. So we had lots of fun together. Most of the time we had together was p-day, so we didn’t do much other than wash, write, and eat… but it was nice to take a break. Sister Dyer is now Full Field with Hna Tejada, who went from spanish to English speaking. The possibilities are endless. Actually its funny because I’ve heard rumors of the mission going bi-lingual. Which would be interesting. Anyway, I love sister dyer and I know that she will help Hna Tejada pop more so out of her shell.
Wednesday I got Hna McKenna! I love my MTC companion. But there are things that have changed. Which is understandable. One of the biggest things we ‘fight’ over is the temperature. I am used to having a room at 80 degrees (past companions…) and she can’t handle it. So she likes it down to 70 or so and I just freeze at night. So I turn it up every once in a while to warm up and she eventually turns it down. It’s highly entertaining. I now sleep with my sweatshirt, long pants, and socks on (as opposed to the shorts and t-shirt of before).
Another thing is that she is tired all the time. Which yeah, we’re missionaries, but it’s not normal to be that tired. Maybe it’s just cause I’m lazy and don’t work as hard as she does. Plus getting used to a new area is always difficult. Or so I’ve heard. I haven’t changed areas. But it’s still fun to be with her.
We work well together and of course, because we have the same amount of experience, we have no idea what we are doing. When Hna Hndz and Lopez left, our teaching pool was dwindling. And now it is becoming smaller. So we are working on the investigators that are actually progressing (in other words, working with them more so they actually progress) or work on trying to find new families to teach. It is extremely difficult when the leads we get don’t work out. We have a couple of referrals that we are trying to contact, but they are never home. It’s a problem.
One of the first things we did during our weekly planning was organizing the apartment. We put of the white board and got that organized with our investigators and goals. We got a map of our area (because I don’t know the boundaries of my area) and we now update the area book nightly as opposed to weekly. I feel so much more organized.
So, as for our investigators: We are making good progress with Irma. She really loved the Fireside and we talked with her a bit yesterday, because she wasn’t able to go to church. She did say that she wanted to be baptized, but we didn’t set a date because she was hesitant. But we will ask her at our next appointment.
Also, beatriz came to church, which is a big step in the right direction. She has been an ancient investigator and is interesting. She is upset because he kids don’t listen to her (parenting style…) and her house is never clean (well, what do you expect to happen when you don’t let the dog outside…). She wants a new job (doesn’t have an education past 3rd grade) and is just frustrated with life. Understandable. So we are working on developing faith.
We had a really good lesson with Judith yesterday and 2 of the 3 kids. The kids are crazy and don’t pay attention so we acted out Nephi building the boat. Tons of fun and the kids (and Judith) loved it.
Nancy and Manuel came to church! We haven’t been able to meet with them but they came so that’s progress, right?
And there is more drama on the Cristina Front: apparently Alma (member living with) changed the locks on the door so Cristina, who had her daughter Amanda with her, couldn’t get in. So Cristina called the police. The Sanchez family (who owns the apartment and is renting it to Alma) refused to take sides between the two and Hno Pimienta got dragged into it. So Cristina didn’t have a place to stay that night. She sent us a text and I was like, what am I supposed to do? I can’t find someone else for you to live with. I guess she asked a lot of people for help because we got a text an hour later saying that Ricardo had found enough money for them to get a motel room for the night. The next night she was at her dads and then I don’t know what. She needs a place to live and a job by today or she is in violation of her probation. She is in trouble. Entonces…We haven’t been able to meet with her a lot this week. She did come to church.
Adrian we haven’t seen nor heard from. He avoids all of us and this is a problem.
We have two new sisters: Mckee and Harvegson. I haven’t gotten to know them very much but they seem to be pretty cool
So that’s my life! I love you lots and hope to hear from you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment