Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Another week


Well, I don't have much to write this week. I have had a lot of evening shifts, which leaves us about 3 hours in our area. And because we ride bikes, we don't have much time for anything. Our numbers were really low, but we tried doing what we could when we could. Myra came to church and so did Jose. Some one that we have been teaching but can't get baptized because of various reasons. He came up and talked to us afterwards and asked us if we could come and talk to his wife about being a better wife. Um, that's not our job, but we will talk to her about the gospel of JC. Hows that sound?
 
It's been hard readjusting to the VC. There is no trust or unity there. I am having a hard time talking to the sisters. I can talk to the people who come in just fine. They aren't complicated. It's figuring out the politics of those that are in authority, or those that want to be in authority. As Administrative Assistant in the VC, we come up with quizzes or other random stuff to do in prep meetings to help the sisters learn more about the vc or how to apply it. But because of the lack of trust and unity, I got the idea (or inspiration, take your pick) to have the sisters work on getting to know each other more and then talking about the things that we have learned about each other at the prep meetings. Hopefully this will start getting the ball rolling on this. 
 
On a happy note, I finished reading the Book Of Mormon in Spanish. It's taken me about 8 months to do it but i got it done! Let's see if i can do it again before I get home. As for my other goal of reading all the standard works before the end of my mission, I'm in 1st chronicles in teh OT. Oh dear goodness, plain and precious is long gone. I am so greateful for the book of mormon.
 
We had zone conference yesterday. It went really well. A lot of it was talking about obedience and how we need to work with the members here in Mesa. That's the vision that president ellsworth has for us. We are few in numbers reagarding missionaries, but when we get the members on our side, things will go a lot better. So that's what we are going to work on.
 
I want  you all to know that I am grateful to be a missionary. I want you all to know that right now is time of refiners fire. It's hard. And all i got is my scriptrues and My Savior.  I love you all a lot. 
 
Have a good week.
love
emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment