Hello Everyone! Well, I guess that ths summer is being pretty mild. And half the time I don't know the temperature because our car temp doesn't work so i never know. All I know is that it's hot and that I'm getting a wicked tan. Don't be jealous. And i've already gone fishing today. It was pretty good. I'll attach a picture of the beauty I caught. Well, this week has been pretty good. We had another dust/lightning storm. It was beautiful to watch. We have had some interesting lessons this week. One of them was with the ASL Elders and the english zone leaders from our neighboring zone. The English Elders (Harral and Poulson) have been teaching some kids in this family, except there are some language barriers. Grandma only speaks spanish (hence us being invited) and their mom is a deaf navajo (hence the ASL elders). So we had a leccion grande with 6 missionaries, 3 familys and a host family. It was a lot of fun. Most of it was jsut socializing and such, but the reason why we all had it together is because the family members that don't speak english were feeling left out, so we all translated. Sister Hartvigsen signs and speaks spanish so the poor kid was mixing languages like no other. She would sign to me and speak spanglish. Oh it was fun. So that was a neat experience. On of the senior couples that lives in our ward, the Blacks, are leaving to serve a mission in Florida. So we went over to their house and helped them pack up their stuff and then move in their daughter who is going to live in their house while they are gone. We helped move her furniture, unpack, set up stuff, and I got assigned with decorating. So i did my thing and had fun with what space I had. And objects. She was into the black, red and white theme so if it didn't have those colors it didn't go up. We had fun there were a lot of members and family helping out. We are going to miss them. Sis black was in charge of the chior and they both worked in the family history center. So, since the blacks are leaving, Sister Nishiguchi is now in charge of the choir, and I am now the pianist. bah! there are just so many things going on. And I have no idea what is going to happen for transfers. We have 2 new spanish VC coming in so someones going to be training. I could stay, I could leave. its all up in the air. We have a new investigator, Myra. She is a sweet lady. Saddly, her husband is in Mexico and she is thinking of going and joining him there. She has been going to and english ward that has a spanish sunday school class. So we got a referral from the elders for her. I really like her, so we are going to get to work on her. We are still visiting the LA family that we found, Alma, but she always flakes on us when we try to do something. But she really wants to come back to chruch so we will keep on visiting her. goodness gracious. It's so hard to keep track of Hispanics. Most of our investigators we are probably going to drop, they aren't progressing. Mainly because they can't. Anita (70, had a stroke a while back) said she couldn't go to chruch because it's cold and her broncitus will act up and she can't read. So we made a copy of the BOM on CD, well, she doesn't have a cd player. hmmm. So that's kinda frustrating. But we keep on going. It's hard to find people. If someone ever said that being a missionary is easy, they lied. Maria, our eternal investigator, feed us dinner the other night. She's such a sweet heart. she loves us and so we are working on finding new stuff to teach her. you can only teach people so much, odds are we'll get her a preach my Gospel and teach her out of that. She's already read the Gospel Principles book. :) Otherwise, We keep on going. There are ups and downs, the trick is to keep on smiling with the downs. I love you all alot! Love, emily |
Sunday, August 7, 2011
Last week of transfers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment