Anyway - Emily informs us about missionary crushes they call "pedigas." Don't worry, she's still faithful to a certain someone, but she's a pediga to two elders. Anyway, hopefully those elders can get their minds back on track... She's met up with a fellow Rapid City kid (Colby Pearson) and other missionaries going to the RC, SD mission and has thrown water at an elder (keep reading for the story).
Other news:
"Hello everyone! I am in the dungon while I am writing this so hopefully you will get as long a letter. Actually, not much has been happening this week so it probably won't be a crazy long one that I usually do.
We watched a life changing devotional for class one day. it was given by elder bednar and was about recognizing the spirit. i challenge all of you to find that devotional talk and read it. I have limited internet access so i can't tell you where to find it. But it was given June 9 2009. The basic jist of it: Be a good girl and the lord with guide you. I tried looking for it, but I have yet to find a place where MTC devotionals are kept online.
Elder Carter, who is in my district, was called out of the classroom oneday to go to a room in 1M (the main building). The hermanas and i became worried for him and when he walked back into the classroom 20 minutes later, he started to pack up his stuff and informed us (Naylor, Hammond, Mclellan and Lane and the hermanas) that he would be on a plane and headed home within an hour. All of us were devistated. The elder all went out to go give him a hug while the hermanas and i sat in the room, all depressed. We couldn't believe it. it was horrid. first Sturggle and now Carter? How can this be. Eventually, All of the Elders came back inside and informed us of that he was kidding and wasn't leaving. I started crying I was so flippin ticked at him. I had about a 1/4 of a cup left in my bottle of water and stood up and threw my water at him. elder lane said that he origianlly didn't think i was going to do it but when I took the lid off of the water he was like, yep, she's gonna do it! So needless to say the elders now live in fear of me when i have something throwable in my hands. Today, Mclellan threw a paper sack at Carter and i picked it up and acted like I was going to throw it back at him. Hammond and McLellan both ducked when i got ready to throw. it was flippin hilarious.
Everyone is getting sick. McKenna and Hales have been sick as well as most of the elders. It is kinda sad. Everyone has to leave every once in a while to take a nap. and if one person in a companionship, they both have to go. There are pros and cons to having to stick with your companion...I haven't gotten sick. Pray that I won't.
I got a really bad migraine the other day. We had taught hermano Escobar (who has been commanded to look for a wifey btw) the 2nd lesson (actually, we worked on teaching to his needs) I really need to work on that. teaching in general is still difficult. it isn't that i don't know the information, but that i have to simplify it for someone who has no idea what i am talking about. Anyway, I got a headache and started crying it was so bad. so we left class early and I got a neck and back massage from Hermana hale (bless her heart) and talked up a storm. I was on excedrine... i had minor headaches for the next three days after that. hermana mckenna joked and said that the lord was trying to tell me to go home and marry greg. ha! Very funny.
So that's all I got. I love you all and hope you enjoy the pictures that I will send you this week!
Love, Hermana Beu
No comments:
Post a Comment