Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Transfer news!

Hello friends and family. Well, as busy as this week has been, it hasn’t been very eventful, so this email will probably be pretty short.

First off, remember that young lady I told you about a couple of weeks ago. She was a RC from December and she has overcome a lot of rough stuff from her previous life. Well, like a lot, she is struggling with the lifestyle change that the Gospel has asked of her. All of her missionaries have been transferred out of the area and she is upset about the judgmental YSA she hangs out with. As a result she has fallen back into some of her old habits including drinking and smoking, and her boyfriend was recently released from a 6 year sentence. Problem? YES! And she knows it. That’s the big part of the problem. She feels so guilty but doesn’t care a whole lot. Sister Brox and I talked to her, and both of us where quite bold and harsh with her telling her that she knows what she should do. We still expressed our love for her but all that she needs to do is decide what she wants to do in life and go for it. She knows her options. It up to her.

Sister Brox and Sister Watrous are going home this Wednesday. Oh goodness. How frightening is that. So we had a little farewell for them and Sister Dewitt and Cottrell performed an Easter Pageant Rap that elder white suggested we all learn so we can perform it at the seminaries next year to get them to come. Oh it was hilarious. I love those two.

So are you ready for transfer news? Good here goes:

Sister McKenna is going to be training one of the new sisters. Sister McKee (going FullField) is going to be compainions with sister McKinny and sister Alverez is going to sister Scott. So, Valencia (first area) is getting divided into 3 areas now! Sister McKenna training was a no-brainer cause she is the best. Sister Juarez is also training and she is hilarious so it will be fun to watch. We get to take care of a new missionary tomorrow night.

Sister Dyer and Hna Tejada are getting split up. Sister Tejada is also training and whitewashing (starting from scratch with no investigators). Sister Dyer and Cottrell are going to be companions and their areas are combining.

As for me? Well, sister Dewitt and I are going full field – WHICH MEANS I WILL NOT BE IN THE VISITOR CENTER. SO THERE WILL BE NO MORE VC STORIES. THERE WILL BE NO CONFUSION HERE AS TO WHAT FULL FIELD MEANS. THIS ALSO MEANS THAT P-DAYS WILL ALWAYS BE ON MONDAY.  Not only are we going full field, but we will be in a Trio. With Sister Tanner. Yes, Beth Tanner. Roommate Beth Tanner. Yes, English speaking. So, what does that mean? It means that our areas are combining. So, not only will we have the Spanish branch but we will have 3 English wards to cover as well. So, 5th transfer. 5th trio. 5th person that will kill. This is Sister Tanners last transfer. None of us were expecting this. Because it is so RANDOM! Sister Tanner isn’t all that thrilled about it. Her current companion, Sister Withers, finally got her visa.

Other than that, things are pretty much the same. We still have a car because we still cover a stake. We wanted to be on bikes, but that would be really difficult. Both of our now combined areas are doing well, so we will be crazy busy. Wonderful. We were excited to get to spend time with our branch, but no, we have to share.

So what do I think about this? Well, as difficult as this is now going to be, I have a couple of thoughts.
1.       Sister Tanner is not interested in all in learning Spanish to participate in our Spanish lessons, so I have no idea what she is going to do while we teach.
2.       I am worried that there will be a pull between our two areas and where we spend the majority of our time. I don’t want it to be us against her.
3.       Since this is Sister Tanner’s last transfer, we will be taking over her area next transfer as well, unless it gets whitewashed, which it doesn’t need to be. The next transfer after this is sister Dewitts last transfer so that means I’ll probably be here for the next 3 transfers. At least.
4.       I hate trios.
5.       I am excited to be working with English. It is a whole different ball game and I kinda was jealous of English work so it will be fun to see how it goes. Teaching in English is a lot different too. So it will be new and exciting.
6.       Being full field will give me some time to study a lot more and to practice Spanish a lot more. I am pretty excited for time to do that.
 
So, there are pros and Cons and we will work to have the best most random transfer ever.

We had a pretty good fireside last night. It’s a chance for recent converts to share their testimonies of the Gospel. I sang with some of the other sisters and it was pretty fun. I got to see Irma and she is as happy as a clam. We are still working on Blanca. She was supposed to go but got a flat tire. Dang it Satan!


Anyway, that’s the news I have for you. So, keep on top of my life. It changes frequently. Love you all and have a great week!
 
love emily

No comments:

Post a Comment