Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Update with pictures!


Well, this week has been a slow one. Hna Dewitt is still recovering from her gall bladder removal surgery dealio. So we had a horrid week with number of lessons taught. But that’s okay. I would rather have not a big week on numbers than have my companion collapse. So a lot of what I did was study my scriptures and organize the house and other items of somewhat important business. Hna Dewitt has a lot of pain in her side so she can’t move very fast. Sad Day! Plus I don’t think the 6 hours of cleaning that we did last p-day helped her out. Hna Chaca left a bomb in the apartment so it was a crazy cleaning.(refer to pictures.) 

But, on Friday we were supposed to have Hna Nishiguchi come with us to do exchanges. Sister Dewitt didn’t feel well so it ended up being me and her out in the area. We went through a lot of the formers to see if we can find anyone to teach. Lot’s of people don’t live in the same apartment for very long. But that’s okay. I feel somewhat accomplished ripping out old teaching records.

As a result of sending sister chaca off, my sick companion, our dying area and not knowing what the heck to do, I had one of the worst migraines ever Saturday night. So, only mom is going to want the details on that but our branch mission leader was like, “my hermanita’s are falling apart!” Yeah, pretty close. His name is Juanito (John) and according to sister Dewitt there is nothing –ito about him. (-ito/a at the end of a word makes the object small for those who don’t know Spanish)

But, other news of somewhat important worth: Hna Withers has followed me to the Kimball Zone. She was in a trio with Hna Scott and Hna MiKinny in Valenica branch, but sis Smith got her visa to Brazil so Sister Withers came to replace her. She is now companions with Sister Tanner. This is going to be so much fun to watch.

On Wednesday we got permission to go and make Mormon.org profiles. So someday it will show up on there and you can go and check it out. Hopefully. It has to go thru a screening process but I think Sarah has one on there already.

Hna Dewitt and I gave a training during district meeting about teaching the doctrine of Christ. Our district was very distracted so I’m not sure if it went the best. It’s funny how you can practice something but in real life it never happens that way.

As for the VC, I have about a 150 more cards to start calling from the Easter pageant. Dang it! But I will find the ones that are ready to listen to the gospel. So, off to work. Also in the VC, we have 3 all-starts: people that come in all the time and never leave! These 4 men are working on coming back into the church or are just bored with life but it’s getting to the point where they are annoying other people that come into the VC and some of the sisters. Some other sisters are more compassionate and like talking to them.

We have been able to get Nidia going on her wedding and then her baptism. We are pretty excited about that. The entire branch is helping out with it. The only thing we are lacking is a dress. A LA member is making the cake and some members are making the food. Fun stuff! Sad part is that it is scheduled for the week of transfers…

Blanca is continuing to move forward. That girl has worked hard in life to be where she is at now. She wants to pay tithing but didn’t know how so she gave money to Irma (RC Valencia) to pay. So that was cute. Irma is not attaching herself to any of the members in Valencia. It could be because that dang branch is so not united! Hello! Get your act together! But we are making progress, and that’s what matters.

So that was my lame week. But I enjoyed it regardless! Talk to you all soon and I love you so much!


With Hna. Chaca and Hna. Dewitt

Marshmallow war


And capture the flag!

Lunch out with the sisters in the zone.

Easter egg hunting


The bomb Hna. Chaca left




No comments:

Post a Comment