Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Hello Everyone!
 
I love how all the stuff that I want to tell you about happens at the end of my P-day, After I write you an email.
 
Tuesday last, my district, 49-E, had the opportunity to usher for devotional. Nothing really that big. You just stand in the isles and hope you don't get trampled. So that's what we did. And really, it's amazing to see the immaturity of some of the elders. I had to say a couple of times,  "Quiet dignity, please Elder." Can you imagine that?
But really, that wasn't the coolest part. The best part was, we had another Apostle! That's right. This time we had Elder Ballard. However, Instead of being the blessing bestowing Apostle we had gotten used to, he told us something that we needed to work on. (yeah, like we don't have enough already. But it's all good, because really, we all need to work harder at this, missionary or not.)
 
Elder Ballard spoke on the need to become master communicators. Now, this presents a problem, seeing how some of us have difficulties communicating in English, forget the mission language. So we need to learn how to teach, then become confident in what we teach. Then we need to learn how to communicate and there by become master teachers. He also recommended (And when an apostle recommends something, you just figure that you better do it) that we smile (AKA match our message). In order to get them to feel the Holy Ghost, we need to show them that we feel it too and want them too. The quote for today was, "We are here to make saints out of them." We need to do all we can to get them to become saints, however we can.
 
So that was my joyous meeting. Wanna hear who else we got to listen to? Of course you do. We got a visit from Sister Sheri Dew. Isn't that Awesome!? Actually Sheri Dew is Hermana Hales' hero so she was just beside herself with joy. If you can even possible imagine that.
So what did sister Dew have to share with us? Nothing extremely new but something that is vital and critical to our success here on this earth. We all have a mission. Whether the mission mission or a life mission. We have one. The one way that Satan can totally ruin our missions and mess up everything up is the
1. get me confused about who I am and my relationship with my Father.
2. keep me from knowing what the Savior did specifically for me during the Atonement.
3. keep me from learning how to receive my own personal revelation.
If Satan can keep me from these 3 things, then he will win. We have been specifically saved for this time. In the premortal life, we were chosen to be saved for these latter-days because we showed that, as spirits, we developed an unusual amount of the talent of spirituality. (that's a quote, i think MConckie...help...) God wouldn't have risked it by sending someone here who wasn't strong enough. So what do we need to do?
1. Have the HG make it witness to you who you are. Read section 138 about the noble and great ones. Ask God if He is talking about you specifically as a noble and great one. Ask for a witness. Ask how He feels about you. Ask how beloved you are. Become clear without a doubt as to who you are.
2. Always have a testimony of what Christ did specifically for you in that Garden. He can heal you from sorrow and sin. He stands at the ready, all you need to do is turn to him. Seek by prayer to know that Christ is your Healer and that He is the Christ.
3. Sometimes you don't know if you are getting revelation or what it feels like. Ask God specifically what it feels like for you when He is talking to you. Experiment. The key is to immerse yourself in the scriptures. That is where revelation can be found (most of the time). Ask God to tutor you. One of the rules is Purity. If you are Pure you have an increased ability to receive revelation.
We are here because we are supposed to be here. You need to know who you are. Be adamant about how to defend yourself from the Adversary by receiving guidance from Home.  Have an Eye single to Him.
 
Yeah. Amazing.
 
So we are now the oldest district in the Zone. We also gained 3 elders, those who have been left behind waiting for Visas. poor souls. But that's okay. We also gained a new district of about 12 elders and they are pretty much amazing. I met an elder from Bismark too. Haha! So Hermano Dela Cruz had to sub for that class for the first few days and as a part of that, he had some of us come in and had the new elders learn how to ask questions to get to know the needs of people. Then he had them teach us. So I was one of the lucky few that got to go in and get interrogated (ok, it wasn't an interrogation, but it was fun). And I think I scared them. They said that they had never had anyone be so frank with them or open or honest. They asked me about my challenges here (comps), if i loved it at the MTC (yes), if i loved my teachers (heck yes, I would tell dela cruz anything if he asked), how is my Spanish going (fairly well. I'm not worried about it for here but I know it will be a problem once i get to mesa), problems with comps (someone was a little too bubbly...), distractions from home (greg, but i told them that i don't allow myself to be distracted) and all that good stuff. I got asked multiple times if I was in the military (compliment or not, idk)
 
Afterward, I was taught by a companionship of great elders that started with telling me I was going to be a great missionary and then shared two scriptures with me. Mosiah 3:19 (just the last part with becoming as a little child...) and then D&C 12:8 I think. And it was so great because you could tell that they were following the spirit and were almost afraid to share it with me out of the fear of offending me. But They did what was right. I learned (I won't tell you what I learned...) But they are going to be great and awesome elders. That's for sure.
 
So in our bedroom our heater didn't work. We would always have cold air coming out of the vent (hence the asking for the sweatshirt) but then sister houke came in and was appalled at how cold it was and went and told maintenance and they fixed it the next day. So now our room is crazy hot. She is so sweet. Sunday, I had my 6 week interview (its a little past but that's okay) and brother Houke told me that i needed to take the RWH ring off my necklace. He said that it was distracting. I was ticked. I'm not going to lie. But I did what I was told. It's not like we hadn't just given a lesson on being 100 % obedient to all the commandments given, even when we don't understand. So that was really rough on me. And then I was mad at myself because it really wasn't that big of a deal and I was making it one. So my Sunday was slightly off. And then we had mission conference which talked about receiving chastisement with an open heart. Yeah, I wasn't happy. But I did it and and hopefully I will know why some day.
 
Hermana McKenna wants to do a special musical number so I had to learn a song. But I know that I had Gods help because I have been trying to learn that song for the longest time and haven't been able to get it until now. So yeah. We are going to hopefully audition on Thursday. We'll see how that goes.
 
So I got to go!
 
Love ya all and see you in a while....
 
Love Hermana Beu!

No comments:

Post a Comment