Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Hola mi amores!
 
I have been in the MTC for one transfere as of today. That means I have four more weeks left here. So things are going well. Apparently I was talking a lot in my sleep last night. In Spanish. You know you got the language down pretty good when you start doing that...next stop...dreaming in spanish. Although I really don't remember my dreams seeing as how tired I am when I get to bed.

 
This week for devotional we had been graced with the opportunity to hear from Elder Richard G. Scott. Two apostles in a row! yeah, go ahead. be jealous. So we we able to listen to his life-long earned adviced about how to listen to the spirit. he even printed out a handout for all of us that someday i'll give ya'll. In the mean time, I'll have you know that he was throwing out Apostolic blessings like there was no tomorrow. To begin, he invoked upon us the gift of tongues (if it was ever any doubt that we had it, there isn't any now), a sheild of protection (only for the sisters here), a blessing of confidence and discovery for our purpose, a blessing of rememberance and applidcations of the lessons learned while we are on our mission, and he left a beautfuil testimoy with us: "I know He lives because I know Him." Not I have seen him, but I Know Him. He also left the sisters the requirement (he used that word) to watch their health and to get the rest that they need. We don't need to work the same as the elders. We need to watch our health and use good judgement.
 
On that note, I got sick this week (just a cold but it was getting not so good) so the hermanas (using the words of Elder Scott against me) made me go to the Health Clinic and sleep for a day. So I had to get a perscriptuion of sutafed and some other drugs and so that has been for the most part taken care of. They all know that if they didn't force me to stay in bed I wouldn't. One of the elders said that he knew that I probably got better by sheer will-power. Yep. that's me.
 
Oh, and it's been snowing on and off for the past week. All of the islanders were having the time of their life watching it fall. And it was pretty big flakes too. Our heater in our bedroom doesn't work so there have been some mornings wehere it is a struggle to get out of bed to go work out in the morning.
 
I also got my hair cut this week. Just a trim really. they cut of the ends and added a few layers. and really thined it out. It looks much better and is so much easier to handle. Someday you'll get a picture.
 
Word on the street is that the MTC is planning on changing how they teach languages and PMG here. By May, there will be no specific classes for language, but instead will have total language immersian and the students will be teaching progressing investigators. Oh snap. Also, I've heard that our district is one of the fastest learning (language wise) that our teachers have taught and as such, we now have a 'progressing investigator'. I think they are just using us as guinea pigs. But really. One of our teachers is the investigator Mauricio and so during the week, the hermanas and I plan a lesson for him. Our languages are really getting better. I understand most of what is being said to me and i'm able to conguagte much faster than before. Hermana Hale is progressing and is still working quite hard.
 
I was able to teach Hermano Dela Cruz this week as himself. Which always is a difficutly. Teaching a teacher. So when asked to prepare I read Alma 37: 2-3 to him and he said that throuought the night, everyones scriptures they shared flowed together and he had been fully edified. When it was my turn, we talked about reciving answers from God and how important it was. He told me that I needed to slow down to feel the promptings of the spirit more. He said that I had a fireball testimony and that i need to let that burn in others. So that made my night. It was a good lesson indeed.
 
We are also graced witha new district this week. They are all headed to Paruguay. There are three new hermans in the group: Plummer, Lavaka and Gonzolas. They are good girls and are working hard to do what is right. They all come from different backgrounds so it will be interesting to see how their companionship grows. the elders also come from various backgrounds. One of their dads is excommunicated and so for this elder, it is a trial going on a mission. But they are good Elders. All of them. And they are still attempting to accomplish the 'breaking the apple' trick that I mastered weeks ago. A few days ago, by accident, I broke one without thinking about it while one of the elders were walking by. He just stopped and stared at me. Hermana McKenna looked at me and said, "Hermana, I do believe he is beginning to be astonished!" So i became legend and had to demonstrate how to do it many times. My zone leader, Elder Wardell, tried doing it so I picked up the apple to show him and then gave it back to him. He ended up doing it but couldn't break another apple and so for the rest of the time he thoguht that i had cracked the first apple so he could do it. Ah. Got to love the elders. The hermanas, ZLs Wardell and Hale and shawdow ZLs Ilizaliturri and Kennedy took them on a tour of the MTC and that was loads of fun. I love being the older group.
 
Hermana McKenna and the Elders have a new favorite game: Jukebox Beu. Saturday we were trying to figure out what songs to sing during scrament meeting and they would call out hymn names. Subcouncioiusly, I started singing the song every time one came up. They picked up on this and played with it for a while, while i continued my studying. Eventually i figured it out and so they had to have more demonstartions but everyonce in a while they will say a hymn name and I will start singing it. Funny.
 
Yesterday we taught at the TRC to sister Anderson (we have had her for some time) and this time she was a jew. You know, it's kinda hard teaching someone who doesn't have a christina background. This reequires more study. But I did talk quite a bit this time. We are doing it in spanish so it proves a bit of a challenge. So progress is slowly but surly comeing. Also, Hermana Mckenna was being a goof and attempted some moves that mimicked the way teenagers sit and act. Then she remembered there was a camera in the room. Oh, flippin hilarious.
 
I love you all!
 
Take care until next week!
 
Love,
me

No comments:

Post a Comment